Sometimes it takes ages for quality artists to get the recognition they deserved, other times deserved fame never comes. This blog sings the praises of unsung and yet-to-be-sung music, movies, books, and more.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Intents & Purposes

About My Blog - Statement of Purpose

A citizen of the pop culture landscape, I've often been the leading edge of what's about to be hot in entertainment. Sometimes it seems to take forever for quality artists to get the recognition they've deserved, other times deserved fame never comes. This is my blog dedicated to singing the praises of the unsung and yet-to-be-sung music, movies, books, and more. High-brow? Low-brow? No-brow? I don't care--if I like it that's all that matters. I savored graphic novels back when the self-styled intelligencia scoffed that they were infantile--now they're a one-shelf smorgasboard for big-budget film-makers. Going to the Warped Tour when you're almost old enough to be on the Legends Stage may not be everyone's cup of tea but my Ed Sullivan-wannabe soul can't get enough of the thrill of seeing emerging artists hungry to make their mark. I think skacore, 60's Motown, Veronica Mars, and USA network originals just might be the high-points of American culture.

About Me the Long-Play Version
Although I'll settle for seeing the Baltimore Orioles win a World Series, my heart's desire is to see my beloved Montreal Canadiens win a 25th Stanley Cup. Right now I'm ok with just enjoying the passionate rally spirit of Mr. Never-Say-Die Derek Jeter. When I'm not wearing my blogging cape, I'm an aspiring YA author, producer/researcher for reruns that air on Investigation Discovery, and author/co-creator of the one-man show Implosion--about an inmate reflecting on the choices that led him to death row--which has been performed at dozens of public schools, churches, and prisons in New York and Virginia. I live in Virginia Beach with my husband who makes Al Borland look like Tim "The Toolman" Taylor and my awesome toddler daughter who is already smarter than I'll ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment